Summer is creeping around the corner! Time to dust off the grill, fire up the coals, sip a tropical drink, and enjoy some fantastic barbeque. The Dial community has gathered our teams favorite recipes and summertime drinks to share, so you too, can have a delicious summer meal every weekend!
Our first recipe comes from our Corporate Director of Marketing and Sales, Reed Davis. His favorite is a classic southern dish, brisket. Now, this dish is going to take some time, allow for about 4 hours to cook and about 15 minutes of prep time.
First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
1) While the oven is preheating prepare the dry rub.
2) Combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard and bay leaf in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3) Rub the brisket liberally. Cover it from front to back, top to bottom, all around. Get it in the creases, don’t be afraid to get a little rough with it. It’s just meat after all.
4) Place brisket in a roasting pan and roast in oven for 1 hour.
5) Add beef stock and water to raise the liquid level around ½ inch.
6) Lower oven to 300 degrees and tightly cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Continue cooking for 3 hours or until desired tenderness.
Sticking with the southern style theme, we’ve paired this delicacy with Sweetened Iced Tea. And if this Texas style brisket isn’t euphoric enough, here’s a quick Long Island Iced Tea recipe to make your summer nights unforgettable.
Come back next week for another summertime recipe and drink!
Have you done it better? We want to hear! Share your favorite summertime recipe or drink, or activity with us below.
Share this Post