5 Tips to Help You Find the Right Retirement Community
How do you know when you’ve found the right retirement community to call your forever home? There are many factors to look at and important guidelines that will clearly help you make the right decision. Finding a suitable independent, assisted living or memory care facility is incredibly important to you and your loved ones. The decision should not be taken lightly or without some research and planning. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for the right senior living solution.
- How do you feel when you walk into the retirement community? If you feel comfortable right off the bat, that’s a good sign. Are you greeted with a warm smile from someone who works there? Take your initial instincts into consideration. The way the facility looks and feels should be an excellent indication of how you will feel while you are living there.
- How much does it cost? This one should probably go without saying, but price can become a serious concern for many people who forget to add in all of the monthly expenses. Be sure to ask the property representative about water, gas, rent, parking and any other fees the tenant is responsible for. Double check that the final amount works with your budget.
- Does the property offer community events? Make a note as to how often the property celebrates holidays as a group, takes trips to the grocery store and other events that could help you feel welcomed and entertained. The community should be a happy place to live! Ask the property to see their events calendar or where you can locate one online.
- Are you allowed to have furry friend? Your pet is part of the family. Always remember to ask about the full pet policy before you sign on the dotted line. There are many questions to ask when researching your next home, don’t let this be the one you forget.
- Find out what happens if your needs change and you need increased care. You might start out in an independent care facility, but find that after a few years you need more assistance. Talk to the community manager or employee about what they might do in a situation like this. Does the community offer increased care and would the transition to increased care go smoothly?
There are many questions to ask yourself and a community when looking for the right retirement, assisted living or memory care facility. Remember that no question is a bad one. Take a tour and get to know the people and location. Ask questions, research the community online, read reviews and call with any questions before making your final chioce.
Good luck and please consider Dial Retirement Communities in your search. Call us at 402-964-0099 to schedule a tour. We would love to answer your questions and meet you in person! Love the way you live with Dial Retirement Communities.
Share this Post