Are you getting excited for the holidays? The holidays can be incredibly exciting, yet sometimes stressful. There is a lot associated with the busy winter months. With Thanksgiving right around the corner and many holidays quickly following, are you prepared for the hustle and bustle of the season?
At Dial Retirement Communities, we want to help make the next few months less stressful for you and your loved ones. Are you having visitors over? Will there be holiday events to attend? Read the following tips to help make your holidays less demanding and more enjoyable.
Take these tips into consideration when you’re planning for a great holiday season:
- Do you plan to buy gifts for anyone? Consider purchasing gift cards instead of traditional gifts. People love them and it takes much less time and decision-making on your part. Don’t know where to start? Most stores and restaurants have gift cards readily available online or inside the store.
- Keep the cooking to a minimum. Cooking is great, but it can be an incredibly daunting task. Consider catering in or having someone else take up the cooking responsibilities this year. If you really want to cook, try something less complicated. Take it easy!
- Ask relatives to come to you. Who knows what the weather will be like and driving or riding around in snow can be very stressful. Take a break this year and ask your friends and family to head out your way.
- Shop online! Don’t spend too much time in the store this year. Shopping online has become much easier and preferred in the last few years. Don’t forget about shipping costs. Remember that many online retailers will offer free shipping when you purchase a certain amount. There are many holiday deals out there!
- Save your receipts. Remember to keep your receipts on all holiday purchases for others. You never know when you’ll need to make an exchange or return. Nothing is more frustrating than paying a lot for something that you don’t need and can’t return.
- Plan ahead. Take the time to think about what you need to do before the holidays hit. Try to be as proactive as possible. Make a To Do list and check off each task as it is completed. It’s always a great idea to plan ahead and know what’s coming around the corner.
- Don’t overdo it. It’s easy to get carried away during the holidays. If you are feeling stressed or tired, take a break. Try not to overexert yourself. Eat right, get enough sleep and take the time to relax.
- Make sending out cards less of a chore. Do you have a large list of people you send holiday cards to? Consider cutting your list down to save time and money. Don’t handwrite your addresses. Make labels instead. You might also consider sending out online holiday cards.
- Limit your holiday gatherings. If you have several events to attend, consider cutting them in half. Let people know that you are trying not to overextend yourself this year. Extend them an invite to drop by your home for a cup of tea or cookies!
- Ask for help! If there is simply too much to do, ask for assistance from a family member or friend. People are willing to help – especially during the holidays. Don’t be afraid to ask someone for ideas and tips. Sometimes all you need is a little help from a friend.
Good luck and happy holidays from all of us at Dial Retirement Communities! We hope you have a wonderful and stress-free time!
Share this Post