Are you missing a little laughter in your life? Laughter is a beautiful thing and people of all ages should do it more. Make your summer even better by increasing how much you laugh each day. A great sense of humor can help you in so many ways.
Studies have shown that the ability to laugh out loud can be beneficial for your health, physically and emotionally. If improving your health with more gut-wrenching laughs isn’t reason enough, here are 10 other reasons why you should add more laughter into your life:
- Laughter is an excellent way to bond with others. Sharing a good joke or laughing at someone else’s can help you and others feel great. Smile and laugh more and see how others gravitate toward you.
- It can help your abdominal muscles.
- Laughter is said to reduce stress. You can sometimes forget about your worries when you have something fun to laugh about.
- Laughing out loud is contagious. If you are laughing and having a good time you might actually be helping others as well. Laughter can help in so many different ways!
- It’s a great way to relax. Not only does it help reduce stress (#3), but it also helps your body muscles relax.
- Laughter triggers endorphins in your brain to release into your body. Endorphins promote well-being and can help you feel great.
- When you laugh, you smile. And most people look warm and wonderful with a beautiful smile on their face. It’s much better than a frown, wouldn’t you agree?
- Research has shown that laughing at night can make the body produce melatonin, which can help you achieve a good night’s rest.
- Many studies indicate that laughter helps the heart, reduces blood pressure and increases blood flow.
- Last but not least, laughing is fun. It is a blast to laugh along with friends or by yourself. Don’t you just love a good laugh?
Laughter is great for you! Give it a try.
Here’s a joke to start you off:
Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet.
We hope you laughed out loud! Try to take the time to listen and look around you. Absorb and feed off of the laughter. Enjoy the smiles and the fun humor that can quickly fill a room. It might make you feel better, physically and mentally!
Share this Post